Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weekly Thought Bonanza June 6th

On Sunday/Monday, I produce a column called “The Weekly Thought Bonanza”. The column is based on all of the random thoughts that run through my head all week, and trust me there are a plethora of them. I will try to share as many of these thoughts as I can, so each one of my readers can think just a little bit extra over the coming week.


First and foremost, thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all of the thoughts and prayers I received during the last month after the death of my mother. During the next few days I will publish my mother’s eulogy which was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I feel like I have a new purpose in writing these columns, as I feel like I will be writing directly to her, in my heart and in my mind she will always be here with me. With her guidance, hopefully these columns will have a greater purpose for all.

The Boston Celtics versus the Los Angeles Lakers, can it get any better than that?

Al Gore and Tipper Gore are calling it quits. Who would have bet that they would be divorced before Bill and Hillary?

Speaking of William Jefferson Clinton, I believe he did not really have a good month of May. First, he gets caught trying to get a Pennsylvania Congressmen to leave a Senate Race and then the movie Special Relationship aired on HBO, which did not put the former president in a very good light. Ex-Presidents are supposed to be just that, an Ex-President.

When you have not written a ton over a two month span you have all these great ideas floating in your head. Problem is remembering all of those great ideas.

I know I am a little late jumping into the game, however if President Bush waited twenty something days and went golfing during the largest oil spill and economic disaster ever just imagine the backlash.

If you’re a baseball fan and didn’t get upset with the blown call that cost a Detroit Tiger pitcher a perfect game just think what instant replay would have done to correct the problem. If you don’t want replay every play, at least try a challenge system that would give each team two challenges a game for out calls. They already have replay for home runs, why not do more?

Chilean Sea Bass is a very underrated food.

Physicians estimate that by 2030, 13.5 million people a year will die of some sort of cancer. That statistic to me is downright scary.

The Sh*T my Father Says, by Justin Halpern, is absolutely laugh out loud funny!!

I am forty one years old and I now have a totally grey beard. I have been using Grecian Formula since I was twenty years old. Great having a fourteen month old and a baby due any day. I just wish hair would grow on my head and not everywhere else. Ok, too much information.

I bought the new IPAD and I love the thing! I thought the Nook was great, but an IPAD is a Nook on steroids.

With all the flavors of Doritos I think I am going to get really fat. I love putting cheese spread on each chip.

I finally got around to watching Avatar and I must say I did enjoy it. Sherlock Holmes, however was a waste of time.

My thought of the week is really not a thought, but more of a question this week. Why are sideline reporters at major sporting events still asking the dumbest questions?

Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/drcchasse

Or send a friend request on facebook http://www.facebook.com/cris.chasse

E-mail me at drcrischasse@me.com to get on our mailing list.

Please forward to your friends and colleagues to enjoy. The more readers I have, the more money that is raised for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

To receive a copy of the Hardcover or softcopy of the Well Thought out Thoughts and Opinions with a Bunch of Useless Information book, please send an e-mail to drcrischasse@me.com

voice 206-350-4670

No comments: