Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekly Thought Bonanza Sept 27


On Sunday, I produce a column called “The Weekly Thought Bonanza”. The column is based on all of the random thoughts that run through my head all week, and trust me there are a plethora of them. I will try to share as many of these thoughts as I can, so each one of my readers can think just a little bit extra over the weekend.


Does Any Know How to Use Half the Things In Microsoft Office? Why is it so complicated when you just want to make a simple spreadsheet or to type my column?

Coaching children is a very noble thing to do, but it should not be about the coach living vicariously through the children. Whether it is on the soccer field or on the basketball court the games are about the children. Play to win but play everyone, it is the right thing to do.

I hate rain. I know it serves a purpose, but I hate it anyway.

Rhode Island drivers were voted the worst drivers in the United States. I must tell you, I need to stay out of Rhode Island then because if they are ranked lower then Massachusetts drivers, I will never go there again. I want to live, thank you.

Ever see a television commercial for prescription drugs? The list of, “Taking this medicine could cause….” keeps me away from all drugs. Please do not tell me the reactions that it could cause.

Vince Vaughn movies are funny stuff.

The New York Yankees clinched the American League East today with a weekend sweep of the Red Sox of Boston. Red Sox nation will blame everything and everyone as usual.

It might be just me but is Jay Leno’s new show is a lot like his tonight show?

If you are trying your hand at making pies try a combination of pears, apples and strawberries. I do not know why it tastes so good but it certainly does.

It is time to get rid of Indian Mascot names please!

I have a poll up on the website if it is time to get rid of the United Nations from the United States. We let leaders in from all these nations who have done great evils to the United States only to watch them get speaking engagements at one of our colleges. What a country we live in.

Read some of the blog comments about Elizabeth Edwards. People, having your husband cheat on you, father a daughter and make you a laughingstock to the nation while on chemo is enough to give her a pass. Lay up folks.

Police say they believe they have recovered the body of a woman whose suicidal jump from the Tappan Zee Bridge in suburban New York echoed her stepfather's plunge 15 years ago from the same span. State Police Sgt. Todd Parent says they believe the body found on Sunday afternoon in the Hudson River belongs to Anne Morell Petrillo.

Petrillo was the daughter of slain newspaper heiress Anne Scripps Douglas. Stepfather Scott Douglas leaped to his death from the bridge in 1994 after killing her mother. The family founded The Detroit News.

She was struggling financially, hitting the bottle hard and flirting with death in the years before her suicide, family and friends said. Witnesses saw Petrillo stop her car on the bridge and jump Thursday. What a terribly sad story

President Obama, who has a sixth-grader and a third-grader, wants schools to add time to classes, to stay open late and to let kids in on weekends so they have a safe place to go. I would wholeheartedly support this if teachers were paid like lawyers and doctors.

The “Weekly Thought Bonanza of the Week” is; People say that 40 is the new thirty. If 40 was the new thirty then why do I have creaky joints, thinning hair and growing everywhere but where it is supposed to and oh yeah the ever expanding waistline if I eat one bad thing during the week. Forty is just plain old forty.

Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/drcchasse


E-mail me at drcchasse@verizon.net to get on our mailing list.

Please forward to your friends and colleagues to enjoy. The more readers I have, the more money that is raised for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

voice 206-350-6437

No comments: