Saturday, August 29, 2009

Weekly Thought Bonanza Aug 29/30



On Sunday I produce a column called “The Weekly Thought Bonanza”. This column is about random thoughts that run through my head all week and trust me there are a lot of them. I will try share as many of these as I can so each one of my readers can spend their weekend using a little extra brain power on these thoughts of mine.

Hurricane season is in full swing and so far we have had two near misses in the month of August. The National Weather Service has predicted a below average hurricane season this year. Two near misses does not seem so below average to me.

Harlan Coben is a phenomenal author and has written some incredible novels recently. If you want a great book on a rainy day or when you are by the pool, check him out.

There is not enough coffee in the world to satisfy my coffee cravings. Green mountains Wild Blueberry and Raisin Nut Blend are two of the best.

Healthcare has been the national debate in this country since the Obama Administration decided to tackle it this summer. I commend the administration for trying to cover every American citizen, which I might add should be the number one priority for the administration. I do not believe that this should be done without getting a think tank of the nations best and brightest to fix healthcare in this country once and for all. Let’s do it right the first time finally.

Two of my best friends welcomed in two beautiful baby girls this week. I wish them all the love and happiness in the world with their new arrivals.

A Chacarero Sandwich is one of the best sandwiches I have ever had.

There has to be a better way of getting on with our lives after bananas turn bad. Every time I go get that last banana I feel like my day is over before it begins when that last banana is brown inside and out. I watch the bananas on the banana tree all week go from green to brown and I can never understand why they go so quickly. Shouldn’t the whole bunch last till they are all gone?

A dead snapping turtle was in my yard a few weeks ago as I was just about to leave my house for the doctor’s office. I did not have time to bury it before I left and I figured when I got home I would just take care of it. Much to my chagrin as I pulled in the driveway I saw seven turkey vultures having lunch on the poor turtle. My first instinct was to go and grab the shotgun and scare the away but I just started throwing rocks and they all scattered. I thought Steven King might have moved in next door. I had never seen a turkey vulture in my whole life before this happened and I hope to never see one again. When I looked up turkey vulture online I found out that they are on the endangered species list since 1918. Isn’t that just lucky for them as they get to prey on dead animals and scare the stuffing out of everyone who they come across yet they are the one’s who get protection.

I hate to say it but Lifetime has some of the saddest movies of all time. I seem to always stop the channel on one of them and I end up watching the whole heart wrenching movie. Watch The Memory Keepers Daughter, it is not a feel good movie but a good one. I know I am such a sap.

Ed Norton is the best actor on the planet period.

Next week many children go back to school and I have a thought. Why not start dropping the home economics and study halls for more math and science. Just a thought but what do I know I spent most of my time in study hall reading Sports Illustrated.

One more reason to get rid of the Miss Universe Pageant beside Donald Trump is the fact the only real news this year’s pageant produced was all the contestants had a condom “Olympics”, where they had a blow up a condom competition. Real class acts.

Only 121 days till Christmas if you keep count of such things.

The "Weekly Thought Bonanza" thought of the week; Why can’t people say what is going on, instead of what the f (you know the word)? In what grade in school did we learn that? Great example we set for our children.




Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/drcchasse
E-mail me at drcchasse@verizon.net
voice 206 350 4670
fax 206 350 6437

No comments: