Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weekly Thought Bonanza October 24


On Sunday, I produce a column called “The Weekly Thought Bonanza”. The column is based on all of the random thoughts that run through my head all week, and trust me there are a plethora of them. I will try to share as many of these thoughts as I can, so each one of my readers can think just a little bit extra over the coming week.
Rozanna al-Yami, is a Saudi Arabian journalist who participated in a interview about sex toys on Saudi television. She was charged with a crime and given a punishment of 60 lashes for doing the interview. Why in the world does this constitute a crime? Isn’t free speech something we as a citizen of this earth be entitled to. This is another example of how Islam is so out of date.

Boston College and Notre Dame are the only two Catholic Colleges that play division one football. It is an absolutely great rivalry and I look forward to the game every year. This game is how college football should be played. Two well coached teams that play the game hard with class. Absolutely awesome, in my opinion.

Utah has implemented a four day work week for its state and municipal employees to save taxpayer money. An added bonus to the plan is that overtime has been cut tremendously as workers do not tend to want to do any overtime work after a ten hour day. Every state should look into adopting this policy change. Getting government to work leaner and smarter is a great idea.

Another child was mauled by a Pit Bull this week, (read my column on Pit Bulls http://drcrischasse.blogspot.com/2009/09/poodles-not-pit-bulls.html ). What is it going to take to stop this madness? Where are the animal rights groups with their outrage? Oh wait, Pit Bulls are those warm and cuddly dogs that do no wrong, right? I am going to write about this until someone corrects the solution.
Combos are a tremendously underappreciated snack food. Wash it down with a Root Beer and you might have found a little glimpse of heaven.

The Baby Einstein videos and CD’s had their legitimacy challenged by several groups. Disney, the owner of the collection, has offered refunds to anyone who has bought the product since 2001. I do not understand why people buy all of this “junk”, for lack of a better word. Teach your child to explore yourself, teach them new things, and most importantly show you love to him or her. There is not a DVD out there that can do that.

Toronto’s annual Boobyball party to benefit the charity Rethink Breast Cancer, has had a few risqué ads to promote its charity. It’s just one of the edgier ways awareness is being promoted among younger women during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. With over three hundred thousand hits on You-Tube the campaign seems to be working. Of course, there are plenty of protesters because of the ads being run. I say awareness is awareness and if it raises monies for research, god bless.


If you have a nice salad for dinner does it defeat the purpose if you eat ice cream after the salad? My guess would be yes.


I just started to use Flickr from yahoo to post pictures of my family. It is very easy to use and well worth it. You can use it for free or it is 24.99 for the year for unlimited uploads.


Does anyone besides me feel that one day we will wake up in the morning and turn on our television to find the Israeli’s at war with Iran. I do not see Israel standing by while Iran tries to build nuclear weapons.


If I was not afraid to fly before, I just heard that two NWA pilots took a nap during their flight and missed their runway by one hundred and fifty miles. Thanks guys!!


The Weekly Thought Bonanza thought of the week; Apple picking has become the next best thing here in New England. My question is why? Isn’t it just as easy to go to the store and buy a bag? Half the people who go and pick the apples will not eat twenty five percent of what they pick anyway.

Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/drcchasse
 or facebook  http://www.facebook.com/cris.chasse
E-mail me at drcchasse@verizon.net to get on our mailing list.
Please forward to your friends and colleagues to enjoy. The more readers I have, the more money that is raised for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

e-mail: drcrischasse@verizon.net
voice 206-350-6437

No comments: