Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A new President with new ideas


My best best friends love to tell people I am running for President of the United States, when we go out on business trips. I know I am the ex-CEO of a defense contractor and my friends even got me in a blurb on The Hill newspaper about me running for Congress. That one went over big at my house, not! Maybe or maybe not that run for office is in my future, but I have a few thoughts about what I would do if I were President of the United States in my first one hundred days of office. I thought I would share.


Number one on my list would be to get rid of all of the subsidies to any country that does not respect the people of the United States. Americans have always stepped up when there is a natural disaster, a food shortage, or a sick child. Americans step up. If you cannot respect us, then you cannot send monies to countries that that do not.

I would immediately ban all assault weapons in this country. There is not a reason that I can think of that would make them anything more than a danger to society.

Affordable healthcare would be a major task I would tackle immediately. I would start a think tank with all of the major players and come up with a plan that would be sensible for all Americans. With the best doctors in the world, and with the most groundbreaking technology in the world, every American would get to share in America’s great innovations.

America’s infrastructure has become old and tired. My administration would put taxpayer’s dollars to work on restoring the beauty of American. New highways, bridges, and public transportation would be key portions of a bill sent immediately to Congress.

We need to get Americans working again. Investing in new technologies would be key to getting us back to work. Our factories are being turned into condo’s, instead of making computers, wind turbines and synthetic materials used for everything from clothes to tires. Blue collar workers have always been the backbone of America and our backbone needs to get strengthened again.

America needs to invest in our schools. Our children’s Math and Science skills have not increased in this country over the last decade. The communities that have the monies can invest in new computers, planetariums and science labs. Every student should have the same opportunity to flourish in school. It will take some money that is for sure, but money can be saved in other places.

One of the places monies can be reallocated to schools is to stop pork barrel pork projects. Here are some specific pork barrel projects, along with their congressional sponsors. Some of them are just examples of traditional congressional excess. These include: $500,000 by Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, (R-Texas) for a Manned Space Flight Education Foundation in Houston to create "a virtual space community for students"; $200,000 by Rep. Howard Berman (D-Calif.) for the Providence Holy Cross Foundation tattoo removal violence prevention program in Mission Hills, Calif.; and $98,257 by Rep. James Moran (D-Va.) a member of the House Appropriations Committee, for funds from the Small Business Administration for the Georgetown Metro Connection, a bus service that runs from Georgetown in Washington, D.C. "to the neighborhood of Dupont Circle in D.C. and to Rosslyn, Va.," which, the group points out, happens to be in Moran's district. Cutting the fat, no pun intended, and using these monies on projects that will actually make America stronger and a better place to live would be an immediate priority.

The housing market is in the worst slump since the great depression. Tax credits have started to bring the market up a bit, but I have to make it a priority to do more. Tax credits, low interest loans and stricter regulation would only be a start. Every American should have the dream of owning a home. Being able to keep that home has to be the ultimate goal.

Maybe it is just a what we need a person willing to make the tough decisions and make decisions that might be outside of the proverbial box, but willing to do them. America needs to reinvent the way it does business from the ground up. America needs to be run like a well oiled corporation willing to take risks to benefit everyone.







Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/drcchasse

E-mail me at drcchasse@verizon.net to get on our mailing list.

Please forward to your friends and colleagues to enjoy. The more readers I have, the more money that is raised for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.



e-mail: drcrischasse@verizon.net

voice 206-350-6437

No comments: