Monday, August 10, 2009

Am I really going to invest time in this? If so, why?

Why am I doing this? Therapy maybe? It certainly is cheaper than paying a shrink. Maybe it is because I spend a lot of time with all these thoughts and while extremely hilarious and at times sad to me maybe others will find it just funny and will feel the pain right along with me. It could be that I feel like I should try to use that PhD knowledge I have assembled in that brain of mine. Ok, Ok, that is a stretch of epic proportions.

I have been knocked down, knocked around but never ever knocked up. I have had my share of heartache and I have certainly had my share of joy. Overall, I have learned that no matter what life has thrown at me at the end of the day as I process all that the day has brought I know that it is life's little treasures that matter to me most.

So you ask, what are these treasures? It is a ride on a horse, a swim in the lake, or a day with your family sitting by the pool drinking a Corona. Sure, it is a fruit in the beer beverage but who does not like a cold Corona?

I guess we all have our ups and downs but it is how we brush ourselves off and how we get back up that really matters most. I learned that relationships come and relationships go and when you find the person that makes you alive that person makes you feel like the king of the castle. You would rather fight with that person than love someone else. I did steal that line from one of the worst movies ever but it is a good one. Except when that crappy movie comes on Cinemax and they hear it. Oh yeah, the big oops becomes relevant here; stealing lines from movies while a fantastic pastime does not help you in the romance department when you get caught. I have to remember that all the good lines come from so called "chic flicks" and guess what? Females watch these kinds of movies. Then again I did see Mama Mia six times at the movies.

Time, all we have is time, right? Maybe, maybe not. Eating bon bons and watching television does not past the time productively? Alright I looked it up. From Wikipedia, (In Europe, a bonbon is a sweet; the simplest form of bonbon is essentially sugar-coated almonds. In the modern era, the use of almonds as a center has declined, and a bonbon can be any confection with a cream filled center, often with fruit or nuts, covered in fondant or chocolate, or any other confection consisting of a sweet centre covered by a loose sugar or flavored coating). Never got that expression but hey it is useless information. I hope that at 40 years old I have plenty of time to learn from my mistakes and make new ones to learn from.

Over the next 730 days or so I am going to try to share a little, laugh a little, and probably cry a little. Yes I cry, who doesn't? When you feel like crying, cry. When you feel like laughing, laugh. Most of all don't hold back and you will feel relief. I guess that is the motto I live by.

Thankfully, I have learned that you never stop learning. I hope and pray that someday I will be someone who can pass the time productively as I go through life collecting not possessions but the knowledge to productively go through time. That thought almost hurt.

These reflections as I see it do give you a sense of purpose especially on this type of forum. You get to review, reflect, and ponder your day. Heck you get to look back at those pieces of useless thoughts and information and then decide what matters and what doesn't. Maybe with that I just answered my originally question.

If it is useless it is for me.

No comments: