Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekly Thought Bonanza Oct 4


On Sunday, I produce a column called “The Weekly Thought Bonanza”. The column is based on all of the random thoughts that run through my head all week, and trust me there are a plethora of them. I will try to share as many of these thoughts as I can, so each one of my readers can think just a little bit extra over the coming week.


I was in the mall on Saturday to buy a few Halloween items for the house, when I walked into this one particular store, ninety percent of the items on the shelves were Christmas items. What is the big rush? Doesn’t anyone enjoy Halloween and Thanksgiving? Christmas is eighty one days away. Only eighty one days, I need to head to the mall like now.

My father refuses to spend any money at the concession stands at footballs games. Beer is eight dollars, water is seven dollars, and soda is five dollars. Hey dad, do not go into any night clubs they charge five times as much.

David Duchovny, a Princeton grad no less, checked himself into rehab for sex addiction. You were married to Tea Leoni and you felt you needed rehab for a sex addiction? Who says the X-files were not real?

NFL Players wore pink this weekend to support Breast Cancer Awareness this weekend. I thought it was a total class act move by the NFL. Well done guys, but the pink cleats have to go very quickly.

David Letterman slept with a few staffers and was blackmailed for it, so he came clean on his show. He did not break the law and he was not married at the time of the so called trysts. Letterman is now open game however for all of the other talk show hosts now though. I like that actually, pretty funny stuff.

Mohawk haircuts where a fad in Mr. T’s heyday. Keep them nostalgic will you please.

The baseball playoffs start up this week and my beloved New York Yankees are favored as well as my former beloved Boston Red Sox. The playoffs will go on this year possibly through November 8th. Bring back doubleheaders to shrink the season a bit. November baseball is not baseball it is just foolish.

Two pilots have been grounded after they allegedly left their cockpit mid-flight to trade punches with crew members in front of stunned passengers. Severe turbulence broke out on the Air India flight after an air hostess accused the men of sexual harassment. The 120 passengers watched as the pair left the jet controls to brawl in the aisle with the crew, the Times Of India reported. Scratch that airline off of my travel options list.

I can honestly say without any second thought that this new bed bug scare really has me upset. My grandfather used to tell me that bed bugs bite. Super.

Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf will return for the third installment of the Transformers series, says director Michael Bay. Didn’t both of them complain that the last movie did not show their acting range? Amazing what a few million dollars will do to change their minds.

Public Transportation should be better in this country than it is presently, but I still will never like it.

It's been almost two weeks since Mackenzie Phillips dropped the bombshell that she carried on a ten-year incestuous affair with her father John Phillips. Does anyone else feel exhausted watching her retell such painful stories at such a high frequency? Chalk that up to too much information.

The Weekly Thought Bonanza thought of the week is; Iranian President Mahmound Ahmadinejad, one of the world’s most virulent anti-Semites and Holocaust deniers, has Jewish roots, according to the a British newspaper. If this is true he can now just nuke himself and we will all be done with him.

Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/drcchasse


E-mail me at drcchasse@verizon.net to get on our mailing list.

Please forward to your friends and colleagues to enjoy. The more readers I have, the more money that is raised for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

voice 206-350-6437

No comments: