Saturday, October 10, 2009

Weekly Thought Bonanza Oct 10





On Sunday (monday if it is a holiday), I produce a column called “The Weekly Thought Bonanza”. The column is based on all of the random thoughts that run through my head all week, and trust me there are a plethora of them. I will try to share as many of these thoughts as I can, so each one of my readers can think just a little bit extra over the coming week.

The only comment I have on President Barak Hussein Obama’s Nobel Peace Prize win is, wow. He was President for ten days before he was awarded the Prize. This is like winning an Oscar before the movie ever comes out.

When was the last time you went into a Home Depot and found someone to help you without wondering if anyone still works in the store? I have spoken with several people who do not even go into one anymore because of lack of help. Instead of sponsoring college football games or making really annoying commercials, they could hire some help.

The don’t ask don’t tell policy in the military was so unnecessary. I am ex-military, I am a conservative, and I am an American above all. We defend freedom as one nation under god. One nation, means all men and women are created equal, period.

Over the last few weeks, I have had Irish food, German food, and I have had Scottish food. The one thing all of these different ethnic foods have in common is boiled meat with no spices. No wonder the French think they are so important; it is all about the food baby!

As I am writing this column, the Yankees are up 2 games to zero and the Red Sox are down two zero. This week a veteran accused Kevin Youkilis of the Red Sox of being too intense. Typical of a Red Sox Player, a guy busts his hump to get criticized for being too intense. I will stick to the Yankees, thank you.

Chris Everett and Greg Norman separated this week after an eighteen month marriage. Norman was best friends with Everett’s ex-husband Andy Mills, the former Olympic Skier. Mr. Norman lost his best friend and paid his ex-wife one hundred million dollars to marry Everett. Talk about needing a mulligan.

Global Warming is now called Climate Change. When it snows in Denver and Chicago before Columbus Day 5 say it is a bunch of bologna.

Rush Limbaugh is buying the St. Louis Rams and has just been named a judge of the Miss America pageant in 2010. Life is good for old Rush.

Is there anything worse than when your team loses by a missed field goal?

A neighbor of mine had their home broken into this past week. I cannot imagine how it is to have such a violation occur. Breaking into one’s home is downright wrong.

The Aflac commercials are always really well done.

Popcorn in the microwave was a great invention; however there is nothing better than using a hot air popper to make your favorite snack.

If we can put a man on the moon then why can’t we build cars with better gas mileage? Here is another thought, why can we not build a car that does not need oil? If you want to keep Iran from building nuclear weapons, then stop buying their oil.

One of the most overrated sayings out there is people saying, “That was the greatest game ever.” I would love to do a poll that asks what game is really the best ever and to pick a winner. At least then we would have a baseline to go by.

What a difference a blue-ray makes when you are watching a movie. We have come a long way since the days of the Beta-VCR.

I do not wish ill will on anyone, but I wish that the boys who killed the nurse and slit the throat of a little girl in New Hampshire will never experience a happy day in their lives again. Information is coming out now that the four teenagers committed the crime because the wanted to have a fun filled night. What the heck is wrong with them?

The Weekly Thought Bonanza thought of the week is; Animated movies dominate the box office every quarter for the last six years in ticket and DVD sales. Why is this so? Think about it for a minute. Cartoons are more popular than any genre at the movies. To me that makes absolutely no sense.




Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/drcchasse
E-mail me at drcchasse@verizon.net to get on our mailing list.

Please forward to your friends and colleagues to enjoy. The more readers I have, the more money that is raised for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
e-mail:
drcrischasse@verizon.net


voice 206-350-6437



No comments: