Wednesday, January 13, 2010

American Idolaholic


Ok, I know I am going to get a bunch of razzing on this, but I am one of the twenty five million Americans who are an American Idolaholic. Yes, I have idol mania and I am not making any apologies for it.

When I was a watching idol’s first season I fell in love with the show. American Idol quickly became my favorite show. I have enjoyed it ever since the first season. I have no idea how I have become so attached to the show because I am certainly not a music buff unless it is country music.

Simon Cowell is the star of the show without being a star. His demeanor has infuriated contestants and judges alike and he has always made the show worth watching. Cowell is at his best during the audition phase of the show.

I have laughed out loud so many times when the American Idol judges criticize contestants who cannot sing. I know I cannot belt out a note in tune and I also know that I would never appear on American Idol and embarrass myself. I embarrass myself enough in one day without singing. The only person who thinks I can sing besides me, is my son and he is 9 months old. I am one of the best shower singers in the world, however.

I believe everyone should follow their dreams. I try to encourage all of my students the best I can, but and I mean but, someone has to reign a few of these folks on this show in. The anger I see from the contestants who do not make the show makes me nervous. There is no way that there can be that many people who are mentally unstable. I know theatre folks are a bit of a special breed and I love their spunk, but seriously people.

I watch the show because there is no better collection of young talent on stage anywhere. To listen to music each and every night and to see a star in the making is absolutely fabulous. I will watch the show and I will enjoy it regardless of what people think of my manhood.



Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/drcchasse

or send a friend request on facebook http://www.facebook.com/cris.chasse

E-mail me at drcchasse@verizon.net to get on our mailing list.

Please forward to your friends and colleagues to enjoy. The more readers I have, the more money that is raised for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

To receive a copy of the Hardcover or softcopy of the Well Thought out Thoughts and Opinions with a Bunch of Useless Information book, please send an e-mail to drcrischasse@me.com



voice 206-350-6437

No comments: