Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Finding your miracle and happy place


I have always waited for a miracle in my life. I recently found my miracle and I wrote about it recently and I am so glad I did. I will spend the rest of my life with that miracle and the new miracle that is fast approaching. Miracles come in all shapes and sizes and in all walks of life. Making sure you find yours is the most important thing in life.


There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein said. How true are those words?

During the month of December miracles happen more than in any other time of the year. Families reconnect, friendships are rekindled, and smiles are abound. This is the time of year that self reflection is at its peak. It is just too bad that it does not happen all year long.

Have you ever done some soul searching and found that there is something in there that needs to come out? Maybe a repressed memory, maybe a time way back in your childhood where you are carefree. Either way, it is time to try to see what is really the most important thing in your life.

I know most of us immediately point to our family as the most important thing. Which for most of us it is. I can only imagine what the pain must feel like for those who do not think they have something special. Believe me they do and they do in a big way.

Never give up looking for that special miracle in your life. There is something really special in one’s life at one time or another. You cannot just go through life going through the motions. I have written over and over again that happiness is infectious.

Remember the scene in Happy Gilmore where Adam Sandler needed to go to his “happy place” to putt the golf ball. Well wouldn’t it be great if we could all go to our happy place when we are a bit down or when we need to make important decisions. Decisions made in anger never work out well for anyone.

If you believe the biblical story of the Red Sea parting, there was a miracle in the moment and there was no worrying if the sea would close and drown them or if they would be safe once they crossed it. In that comparison, everyone has to believe and have faith..

If you want to take ‘A Course in Miracles’ the definition of a miracle is a shift in perception from fear to love, then you can start to think of when that shift has taken place. It is your happy place remember?

Look within yourself. " Ask and it is given. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door is opened." Understanding spiritual truth within the context of this world's illusion requires that we embrace a paradox, the combination of spirit and form. In the world of form, seeking and finding are directly linked by our thoughts and actions. Again it is the thought of that happy place

For instance, if I feel hunger and I seek out food to satisfy this hunger, my seeking will yield a surcease to my hunger. Temporarily, at least, I feel satisfied. I am no longer hungry. The paradox is that it is only when we stop seeking that we truly have the opportunity to find what it was all along evading our search. For the answer to the quandary that so mystified us for so many years, perhaps even lifetimes, is inside of us. It was always here, the one place we never looked inside our hearts.



Please feel free to post a comment after each and every column.
Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/drcchasse

or send a friend request on facebook http://www.facebook.com/cris.chasse

E-mail me at drcchasse@verizon.net to get on our mailing list.

Please forward to your friends and colleagues to enjoy. The more readers I have, the more money that is raised for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

E-mail: drcchasse@verizon.net
voice 206-350-6437

No comments: