Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Thought Bonanza


I have decided to start a Christmas Thought Bonanza, a new annual column on the same idea of the popular Weekly Thought Bonanza, dedicated to the Christmas season. Here are my thoughts on Christmas 2009.


Try parking at a mall during the Christmas season . There is never enough spots for all of the shoppers. Even during the day the malls are packed with bargain hunters trying to find the next great deal. Parking in the last spot in the lot and carrying all of your presents doesn’t make for a fun holiday season.

What do department store Santa’s do during the non holiday season?

The picking of the family Christmas tree is the most important pick of the holiday season. Getting the perfect tree is now is a big challenge in my household. Getting it home with bungee cords and rope without falling of the SUV’s roof is a bigger challenge.

I love all of the kiosk’s in the mall with all kinds of different trinkets to buy. The goods at these kiosks are great last minute gifts.

I love buying new ornaments for the tree every year. Unfortunately the tree can never fit them all.

What happened to mistletoe? I did not find any this year.

I am a big proponent of eggnog and I especially like it with a little rum. This year I finally read the sugar and fat content in it. Yikes, it is not good for you, but it still tastes great. I look forward to it every year.

People who buy a puppy for Christmas are just asking for trouble. Potty training a puppy when you are visiting all season just does not bode well for your hardwood floors or your rugs.

People who rely on Christmas tips must hate this economy.

I definitely give as much as I humanely possible to charities throughout the year. Those Salvation Army bells do drive me crazy though.

Radio stations that switch to an all Christmas format during the holiday’s must have tremendous ratings problems the rest of the year.

Christmas sweaters are just absolutely hideous.

Why can’t men wrap presents and have to have their mom’s or sisters or mother in-laws wrap them for us? Thank god for wrapping centers at the mall.

The perfect present is not the most expensive, it is the one that touches the heart.

If Thanksgiving is dominated by the turkey is Christmas dominated by the cookies that you leave for Santa Claus.

Am I really a Grinch if I do not litter my home with Christmas lights like Clark Griswold?

This is the first season I get to play Santa. Maybe I should gain a few pounds too.

And the Christmas Thought Bonanza Thought of the season; Why are there never enough of the hot gifts of the season? I would think that there would be plenty of them to maximize profits for the toy companies.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all and to all a great few days.

Please feel free to post a comment after each and every column. Just click on the word comment highlighted in blue at the bottom of the article.

Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/drcchasse

or send a friend request on facebook http://www.facebook.com/cris.chasse
E-mail me at drcchasse@verizon.net to get on our mailing list.

Please forward to your friends and colleagues to enjoy. The more readers I have, the more money that is raised for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

E-mail: drcchasse@verizon.net
voice 206-350-6437

No comments: