Saturday, September 4, 2010

I got fat

Many Americans have at one time or another believed when it came to their weight, they are thinner than they really are, even when the scales are shouting otherwise, a new poll finds. I for one was certainly in the column of people who never thought all those cheeseburgers I was eating were going straight to my waistline, but let me tell you they were in a big way.


We as a country love to eat big and large and it only is getting worse and worse. Value meals keep getting bigger, all you can eat buffets are popping up everywhere and our ice cream cones at the ice cream parlor are getting extra scoops added to them. America is getting bigger and bigger and bigger waistlines because we are not just eating too much-but also sitting our ever expanding buttocks’ on the couch and watching too much rotten uninspiring television or playing video games until our eyes hurt. Drunk, fat and lazy is what we are all getting.

I have bad knees and it is absolutely no secret that my football and rugby days have beaten the hell out of my body. When my son was incubating, I had knee surgery to repair a torn ACL and MCL. I tried to hold off the surgery as long as I could, until I was not even able to get my ever expanding waistline across the street. You see, I love food and I love to eat and eat and eat, however when you were glued to a gym for as many years as I was you had no worries about gaining weight. At forty one, your metabolism just doesn’t work like it used to when you were eighteen. You eat badly and those calories stick right to you.

When I got really fat, I was travelling a whole bunch and I was getting treated by my vendors to the finest restaurants in the world for breakfast, lunch and dinner. How many ex-football players eat salads at the best restaurants in the world? You are right, our survey as predicted said absolutely zero. Good food also meant some really good alcoholic beverages to wash down the steaks, lobsters, fried chicken, etc.; the best restaurants in the world also ironically enough serve the best booze in the world. Alcohol slows down your metabolism folks.

In December of 2008 I found out that my eating and drinking, well made me like a pig on a spigot. I started to feel like I was light headed all the time and I could not pass a bathroom without going in. I went to the doctor and I found out that I was a Type II diabetic. It scared me straighter than an arrow. I started to work out like I did when I was in college and I dropped eighty pounds of pure lard. I was so nervous that I would never see my son grow up that I started eating correctly and stopped all the Grey Goose and Cranberry Juice. I shed the fat clothes and went back to my skinny clothes.

I am proud to say I am in great shape and I have stopped all of the medicines I was on for my diabetes. I feel great, however I do have those urges to eat the whole dollar menu at McDonalds.

I wish more people would stop and think before they eat that double cheese burger with a side of fries and a shake to wash it down. Eating correctly makes you feel better and it obviously makes you much healthier.


Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/drcrischasse E-mail me at wellthoughtout@me.com to get on our mailing list. Or send a friend request on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Well-Thought-out-Thoughts-and-Opinions-with-a-Bunch-of-Useless-Information/103470293040320?ref=sgm


Please forward to your friends and colleagues to enjoy. The more readers I have, the more money that is raised for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

To receive a copy of the Hardcover or softcopy of the Well Thought out Thoughts and Opinions with a Bunch of Useless Information book, please send an e-mail to wellthoughtout@me.com

voice 206-350-4670

No comments: