Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Weekly Thought Bonanza March 17th

On Sunday/Monday, I produce a column called “The Weekly Thought Bonanza”. The column is based on all of the random thoughts that run through my head all week, and trust me there are a plethora of them. I will try to share as many of these thoughts as I can, so each one of my readers can think just a little bit extra over the coming week.


Nursing homes in this country are an absolute disgrace in this country. We let our parents and grandparents live the remaining years of their life in an underfunded and understaffed facility. This is a shame, a darn shame.

Anyone have a boat for us here in the Northeast?

This country has a bigger population of its people behind bars than any other country in the world. County Jails are full of people who are in jail for petty cases that should be civil cases. Where is PETA to cry for humans in cages? They protest when lions are in cages.

Law Abiding Citizen starring Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler is a great movie.

No more health care talk please. Scott Brown said it best last week when he said, “Shouldn’t we be concentrating on jobs.”

Term limits for Congressmen should be addressed again. For too long we have let the same people run the show in the United States Congress. If it is good enough to limit the President it is good enough to limit Congress too.

The CIA chief has stated that Al-Qaeda is on the run. Does anyone in the world really truly believe that is true?

Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington admitted he made a "huge mistake" when he used cocaine and failed a Major League Baseball drug test last season.

In his first public acknowledgment, Washington apologized Wednesday for his behavior, eight months after he told Rangers president Nolan Ryan, who turned down the manager's offer to resign.

"I made a huge mistake and it almost caused me to lose everything I have worked for all of my life," Washington said at a news conference Wednesday. "I am not here to make excuses. There are none."

Washington said he used cocaine only once and called it "stupid" and "shameful."

Washington is a disgrace to the Rangers and to all of baseball in my opinion.

This season of 24 is the best one yet.

A California Highway Patrol report released Wednesday says an officer responding to a report of a runaway Toyota Prius arrived to find a Border Patrol agent near the driver with lights flashing.

The Border Patrol presence raises the prospect that there were other witnesses, but the report offers few new details and does nothing to clarify wildly divergent explanations from Toyota Motor Corp. and the driver, who says his gas pedal got stuck and sent him to speeds topping 90 mph March 8 on a California freeway.

Toyota has dismissed James Sikes' account, saying its tests show he pressed the gas and brakes rapidly 250 times, the maximum amount of data that the car's self-diagnostic system captures.

So glad I bought that Toyota.

Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/drcchasse

Or send a friend request on facebook http://www.facebook.com/cris.chasse

E-mail me at drcrischasse@me.com to get on our mailing list.

Please forward to your friends and colleagues to enjoy. The more readers I have, the more money that is raised for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

To receive a copy of the Hardcover or softcopy of the Well Thought out Thoughts and Opinions with a Bunch of Useless Information book, please send an e-mail to drcrischasse@me.com

voice 206-350-4670

No comments: