Saturday, October 2, 2010

Guilty before proven innocent?!

Guilty before proven innocent. This is what you have all done to me in the last week. You read an article from a report that was not factual or even investigated besides looking at my facebook page or blog of all things. Everyone jumps to conclusions. My family, my so-called friends, my colleagues, etc. you all took for granted the fundamental principle this country is based on; innocent until proven guilty. Well, let me set the record straight for all to see so there will be no doubt in anyone’s mind. So there will be no more messages of “OMG is this true or is that true?” I will make a clear and concise explanation of the real events without the sensationalist journalism one court reporter decided to make out of my case:


Over fifteen months ago my wife and I were sued by a man that we tried to purchase a gym from. Unfortunately this man did not fully disclose the debt this small gym had. He owed thousands of dollars to landlords, customers and leasing companies without ever disclosing the true amounts owed. I take full responsibility of financial affairs. I tried to build a net worth of several million dollars without keeping things simple. I bought a million dollar home, a ski house and several rental properties. I got into the real estate market after going to a seminar for investments. I was duped into buying several properties that had no real value and lost over five million dollars in equity. No one mentions that I was making over two hundred thousand a year for the past six years while paying, the best I could, my parents’ mortgage, five thousand dollars for their lawyer, one thousand dollars for their trip to California in September ’05, two trips to the Dominican Republic, the trip to Disney my wife and I paid for, the $6,000 I gave my mother when Dad was in the hospital. Not to mention the two HD TV’s I bought for my family, the $2,600 I gave my sister to get her car out of repossession, or the “loan” I gave her when her play company got a big Home Depot bill, and how about when my brother fished on my lake pretending to work as I handed him his paycheck for weeks as he told his wife he was worked, incensing my wife. Notwithstanding giving my parents my brand new 5 series BMW so they could go back and forth to Dana Farber. To be clear, I could never do enough for my parents. They loved me and I them. I owed them so much as they were always there for me. Over the last five years when they could no longer afford their football tickets, it was my wife and I who bought them to keep our family traditions alive. See the pattern here? Whether it was allowing my family use of my vacation home or giving money or a football ticket I have and always will step up to the plate without ever asking for anything in return. Do the math people and you can see the thousands and thousands I gave.

Sixteen months ago after being sued, frivolously I might add, I asked my parents to help me cash my rent checks because my bank accounts were frozen by the courts again without merit. My mother helped me out and unfortunately the bank cashed checks that should not have been cashed. All with my mother’s help, knowledge and insight. When the check did not go through, I immediately paid my mother. I received absolutely nothing, zero, nada and am absolutely enraged that I have been even accused of any wrong doing.

The real shame is how people have turned their backs on me. No one ever turned their backs when I was handing out free concert tickets, football tickets, money when people needed to borrow it, my cars, my homes, etc. No! People read one article by a bonehead reported and bam! I am at fault. I was able to live a comfortable and support my family. I was wrong and I had to embarrassingly need help. I was teaching at Northeastern University at the time as my best friend, whose daughter I am godfather to can attest to. He was my student and took Software Project Management and Database Design and Implementation in Dodge Hall. I keep in contact with several students and will give any reporter their names. If you did any research at all you would know, I also sold the largest software deal to the Department of justice in 2007. I have video interviews on DVD if anyone would like to watch them. I sold software to HBO, Turner, Carlye Group, Blackstone Group just to name a few. Whether you try or not, you cannot take away my accomplishments.

Being a person of faith and one who can be incredibly naïve at time has hurt me in so many different ways. As a victim of abuse at eleven, I have tremendous low self esteem. I lost a business eleven years ago and ended up in great debt, over $500,000. Every nickel of every penny was paid back. I have made over $100,000 a year in salary since 1995 and I always seem to be on the losing side of things. My ex-wife used me as a printing press. If I made $100,000 she spent $150,000. The more I made the more she spent until I was literally bankrupt. Without that I would never be in this position.

I work my tail off for my family. I have never taken a drug, nor do I have any substance issues. I am a pleaser. I tried to always be the guy who helped and yet when I needed help there was no one there, why? I will tell you why. People in today’s society are takers. There is no longer any sense of community. People are out to get you. No one ever stands up and says “I did wrong.” Well I blew my family’s finances by working hard and taking advice from the wrong people. Promises came and promises went and I bought into each and every one of them because I wanted to be someone. I wanted to go back to an age of innocence and go back and be what I should have been; a boy who was loved and well adjusted, not an abuse victim alone in the world. Over the last two years I have had contractors destroy my home and colleagues blackmail me for $100,000 with no repercussions for it. Yet, I am the one that needs to spend thousands on legal defense. If I added up the monies I have spent in legal defense this year it would exceed $150,000. Look what that has gotten me, real good for their economies and bad for mine. I legitimately owe people money and I owe people that I love deeply but did not tell of how deep a financial crisis the housing market put me in. I also had monies I was supposed to get and was promised so many times. I wish I had a dollar for every time something was promised to me.

My mother was dying, my wife was pregnant twice, the housing market was failing and I was getting sued by friend and foe alike. Did I try not to worry anyone? Of course, but I certainly had no malice in my heart and soul. I was trying to get out it the old fashioned way through hard work and determination. I know I let down people. I know I let down people where there just was not enough money to satisfy everyone. Cars, houses, babies were taking my $300,000 salary out of my pocket and then some. Is this a crime? People lose properties at an alarming rate every day does that mean they are bad people? When will the Bank of America’s in the world be sued for ruining the housing market and all of my income? When will people write things they have proof of instead of reading a piece of paper with more inaccuracies than Obama’s healthcare policies?

I have been accused of things that make no sense. When I got help it must be that I was having an affair. I lost the opportunity to see my son being born because I was trying to find a better job to support my family. Am I supposed to ever forgive people for taking my right as a father away? Obviously it is what people expect yet they offer no help in understanding the broken heart. People expect so much of me yet I expect so little of others. I will spend the rest of my life loving all and asking forgiveness for my indiscretions while others thumb their noses at me and see their meal ticket over. I lost my innocence at eleven and there is no way of getting that back. I can however, be better at being me. Before you criticize me on a half baked, half witted article know the real facts in the case. Do not assume and for those of you who did, you’re not real friends or family that cares. Trust me, this would never have happened if Mom was here, Never!

No comments: